TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage mental health tech startup seeking a psychologist OR psychiatrist with a progressive and data-driven approach to patient care. You'll write the rulebook for our national network of providers. Together, we'll reinvent therapy and change the mental health of millions. Details below!
Aware Healthcare is reinventing therapy. We're a venture-backed digital health startup creating a new mental health care system where everyone can get the quality care they deserve. 100 million Americans are currently struggling with a mental health issue, yet only 10% are receiving evidence-based care. That’s why we’re solving for access and quality, by building a national provider network and patient data platform that make it easy to find the right therapist and know you’re getting better. We’re the first network of therapists to use treatment based on science and data shared by patients to deliver truly personalized care. Through making the process of finding and receiving quality mental health care easier, we help patients get better sooner, providers grow their practices, and payers lower their costs. We’ve raised $1.5mm to date from over a dozen top institutional and angel investors (including the CTO of AirBnB, Chief Scientist of Pinterest, and ex-Administrator of SAMHSA), were founded in 2020 by AJ Goldstein (previously early at Calm and Oura), and are based in San Francisco CA, with remote team members across the country. You can learn more about Aware here: https://www.awarehc.com/
About the Founder:
AJ Goldstein is the Founder and CEO of Aware Healthcare. Prior to Aware, AJ founded and ran a six-figure profitable AI consulting group called Conscious Insights, where he helped grow 8 early-stage startups into leading digital health brands over 3 years, including Calm, Oura, and Akili. While running Conscious Insights, AJ founded and hosted a popular data science podcast called Data Journeys, where he interviewed 25 world class data scientists from 13 organizations with over $1B in annual revenue and grew a following of 50k+ in 128 countries. Motivated by his own personal experience with the problem, AJ has committed the next decade of his life to creating a new mental health care system with Aware. You can read AJ’s story behind Aware here: https://www.awarehc.com/founders-story
About the Role:
- Title: Clinical Director
- Location: San Francisco or remote
- Type: Part-Time
We’re looking for a psychologist or psychiatrist to help reinvent therapy.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for owning and directing clinical care across Aware’s national network of mental health care providers, including: licensed therapists, psychologists, nurse care practitioners, and board-certified psychiatrists.
This role will start at ~5 hours/week, with opportunities to grow to half-time or full-time as the provider network expands.
This will be an executive role within the company, and a career-defining role for the right person.
You will write and approve…
- Clinical policies, procedures, and protocols
- Performance standards and quality audits
- Hiring and firing guidelines
- Medical records documentation and medical equipment
- Annual operating, capital improvement, and developmental budget
- Be a psychologist (e.g. PsyD, PhD), OR be a psychiatrist (e.g. MD)
- Have a valid license to practice and supervise others
- Have openness to obtain licensure in additional states
- Have a progressive in their approach to behavioral healthcare
- Consider yourself a trailblazer who is hungry to set a new standard for care
- Have strong inclination towards data-driven and evidence-based care
The perfect psychiatrist would…
- Have high business acumen and tech-savviness
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Have past experience in the digital healthcare industry
NOTE: You do NOT need to have licensure in any particular state(s) to begin. We will pay for you to obtain licensure in our target states.
Why This Role?
This position will provide an incredible opportunity to learn and grow, while saving the lives and changing the mental health of millions in the process.
- the writer of the rulebook for a national army of providers; setting policies and procedures as well as hiring and firing guidelines for everyone to follow.
- the face of the medical side of the organization; known across the field for designing the most evidence-based and data-driven patient care experience in the world.
- the owner of our clinical practice; setting a new higher standard for mental health care across the United States.
- Mission-driven company with an industry-shaping goal and world-class team.
- Opportunity to make a significant difference on the future of mental health.
- High-growth environment supportive of individual autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
- One-of-a-kind company values and team work culture.
- For more information visit: www.awarehc.com/careers
If you’re interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
At Aware, we know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Aware is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.