TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage mental health tech startup seeking a recruiter or salesperson with 1-5 years prior experience in a sales or recruiting role, preferably in the healthcare industry and/or a fast-growing startup.
Aware Healthcare is reinventing therapy. We're a venture-backed digital health startup creating a new mental health care system where everyone can get the quality care they deserve. 100 million Americans are currently struggling with a mental health issue, yet only 10% are receiving evidence-based care. That’s why we’re solving for access and quality, by building a national provider network and patient data platform that make it easy to find the right therapist and know you’re getting better. We’re the first network of therapists to use treatment based on science and data shared by patients to deliver truly personalized care. Through making the process of finding and receiving quality mental health care easier, we help patients get better sooner, providers grow their practices, and payers lower their costs. We’ve raised $1.5mm to date from over a dozen top institutional and angel investors (including the CTO of AirBnB, Chief Scientist of Pinterest, and ex-Administrator of SAMHSA), were founded in 2020 by AJ Goldstein (previously early at Calm and Oura), and are based in San Francisco CA, with remote team members across the country. You can learn more about Aware here: https://www.awarehc.com/
About the Founder:
AJ Goldstein is the Founder and CEO of Aware Healthcare. Prior to Aware, AJ founded and ran a six-figure profitable AI consulting group called Conscious Insights, where he helped grow 8 early-stage startups into leading digital health brands over 3 years, including Calm, Oura, and Akili. While running Conscious Insights, AJ founded and hosted a popular data science podcast called Data Journeys, where he interviewed 25 world class data scientists from 13 organizations with over $1B in annual revenue and grew a following of 50k+ in 128 countries. Motivated by his own personal experience with the problem, AJ has committed the next decade of his life to creating a new mental health care system with Aware. You can read AJ’s story behind Aware here: https://www.awarehc.com/founders-story...
About the Role:
- Title: Clinical Recruiter
- Location: San Francisco or Remote
- Type: Full-Time
We’re looking for a recruiter or salesperson to help reinvent therapy.
In this Clinical Recruiter role, you’ll lead recruitment of mental health care clinicians (e.g. therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists) for Aware Healthcare’s provider network.
You’ll be responsible for sourcing and qualifying leads, calling and emailing prospects, pitching the value of our network, and then passing qualified providers to our Clinical Team for closing. Over time, you’ll design new systems that continually scale your efforts across these areas.
This will be a mid-level role within the company to begin, but has room to grow into much more for the right candidate. This position will provide an incredible opportunity to learn and grow, while saving the lives and changing the mental health of millions in the process.
- Recruit mental health clinicians (e.g. therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists) who are committed to delivering data-driven and evidence-based care to our provider network.
- Source candidates through various channels, including: mass emailing, cold calling, InMail messaging, job board listings, online databases, warm referrals, and much more.
- Conduct dozens of initial phone calls and emails everyday with providers across time zones, to qualify them as in-network leads and sell the unique value of our network.
- Maintain detailed records of all current and potential providers, provider interactions, and interview outcomes; prepare weekly reports on progress to share with the team.
- Design new systems (e.g. hiring funnels, referral programs) and processes (e.g. FAQ database, outreach campaigns) that consistently grow the scale of your efforts.
- Develop sales/marketing materials through deep understanding of providers’ needs, knowledge about our products/services, and awareness of the industry at large.
- Regularly share feedback with the team about what you’re learning on-the-ground, to drive continual improvement of our product and marketing strategies.
- Serving as an “energetic force” by sourcing, outreaching to, communicating with, and following up on hundreds of provider leads on any given day.
- Serving as a “people person” by interfacing with providers at all stages of their Aware journey with a warm tone, welcoming attitude, and open mind.
- Serving as a “process owner” by proactively identifying inefficiencies and operating autonomously to develop solutions that expand our recruiting effectiveness.
- Serving as a “systems thinker” by always establishing new scalable processes to recruit providers in a faster and more cost-effective manner.
- Serving as a “customer delighter” by constantly going above and beyond to learn about providers needs, meet their expectations, and give them the best experience possible.
Ideally, you have the right…
- 1-5 years of experience in a recruiting or sales role.
- Prior early-stage startup experience, or a demonstrated history of starting new things.
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry (preferred, but not required)
- You believe that nothing is below you and anything is possible.
- You’ve been described as a “very fast learner” and “incredibly detail-oriented”
- You are a relentless and creative problem solver who “finds a way no matter what”
- You can operate in ambiguous situations, at fast speeds, and with lots of self-direction.
- You’re fast to build rapport and are superb at influencing and negotiating with others.
- You sell not by pressuring people into things, but by deeply understanding their needs.
- You come across as warm, trustworthy, and relatable to people of all backgrounds.
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- You have the ability to juggle many priorities at once while not dropping any balls.
- You’re practiced at handling rejection (e.g. doors slammed in your face, calls hung up on mid-sentence) and 10/10 on resilience and persistence.
- You’re an extrovert who is energized by being on the front-lines (e.g. all-day back-to-back calls, quick responses to emails) and not drained by non-stop interactions.
- You love the experience of autonomy, mastery, and purpose that comes with joining a high-growth early-stage technology startup.
- You’re passionate about our mission to reinvent therapy, and are ready to fight to create a world where quality mental health care is not a privilege but a promise.
- Mission-driven company with an industry-shaping goal and world-class team.
- Opportunity to make a significant difference on the future of mental health.
- High-growth environment supportive of individual autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
- Full premium medical/dental/vision insurance coverage starting your first day.
- One-of-a-kind company values and team work culture.
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits.
- Flexible vacation and time-off policy.
- For more information visit: www.awarehc.com/careers
If you’re interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
At Aware, we know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Aware is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.