TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage mental health tech startup seeking a clinical operations person who has previously built a regional or national network of health care providers. You'll own all-things network development and management. Together, we'll reinvent therapy & change the mental health of millions. Details below!
Aware Healthcare is reinventing therapy. We're a venture-backed digital health startup creating a new mental health care system where everyone can get the quality care they deserve. 100 million Americans are currently struggling with a mental health issue, yet only 10% are receiving evidence-based care. That’s why we’re solving for access and quality, by building a national provider network and patient data platform that make it easy to find the right therapist and know you’re getting better. We’re the first network of therapists to use treatment based on science and data shared by patients to deliver truly personalized care. Through making the process of finding and receiving quality mental health care easier, we help patients get better sooner, providers grow their practices, and payers lower their costs. We’ve raised $1.5mm to date from over a dozen top institutional and angel investors (including the CTO of AirBnB, Chief Scientist of Pinterest, and ex-Administrator of SAMHSA), were founded in 2020 by AJ Goldstein (previously early at Calm and Oura), and are based in San Francisco CA, with remote team members across the country. You can learn more about Aware here: https://www.awarehc.com/
About the Founder:
AJ Goldstein is the Founder and CEO of Aware Healthcare. Prior to Aware, AJ founded and ran a six-figure profitable AI consulting group called Conscious Insights, where he helped grow 8 early-stage startups into leading digital health brands over 3 years, including Calm, Oura, and Akili. While running Conscious Insights, AJ founded and hosted a popular data science podcast called Data Journeys, where he interviewed 25 world class data scientists from 13 organizations with over $1B in annual revenue and grew a following of 50k+ in 128 countries. Motivated by his own personal experience with the problem, AJ has committed the next decade of his life to creating a new mental health care system with Aware. You can read AJ’s story behind Aware here: https://www.awarehc.com/founders-story
About the Role:
- Title: National Provider Network Director
- Location: San Francisco or remote
- Type: Full-Time
We’re looking for an experienced network developer to help reinvent therapy.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for recruiting, managing, and empowering a new national network of mental health care providers, including: licensed therapists, psychologists, nurse care practitioners, and board-certified psychiatrists.
This will be an executive role within the company, and a career-defining role for the right person.
- Be one of the first employees for a new venture-backed startup.
- Develop a network growth strategy and then execute upon it.
- Recruit new providers (e.g. therapists, psychiatrists) to the national network.
- Oversee providers to ensure compliance network requirements.
- Empower providers by designing tools that improve patient outcomes.
- Seek feedback from providers and patients to enhance all of the above.
- Have previously built/managed a regional or national network of healthcare providers.
- Are ready to work hard and take ownership over creating/managing a new department.
- Have expertise with the whole network development and management lifecycle (Identify → Recruit → Credential → Contract → Manage)
The perfect person would...
- Have a demonstrated history of self-starting (and/or past experience with startups.
- Be familiar with the business, clinical, and technology side of the digital healthcare industry.
- Love the experience of autonomy, mastery, and purpose that comes with joining a fast-moving startup and owning all things network development/management.
When evaluating the success of this role, the following questions will be asked:
- How many providers do we have in-network?
- How often do they use our platform and share their data?
- How much better/faster of health outcomes does our platform drive for patients?
- How much do providers/patients love the Aware experience and refer us to others?
Therefore, success metrics for this role will be:
- Volume: (# providers in network) x (# patient sessions per week)
- Engagement: (% of sessions where platform is used & network requirements are met)
- Quality: (% increase in magnitude/speed of quality outcomes, above industry standard)
- Satisfaction: (NPS score of providers and patients)
Why This Role?
This position will provide an incredible opportunity to learn and grow, while saving the lives and changing the mental health of millions in the process.
- the general of an upstart army; bringing providers under one accessible roof and then enabling them with tools to deliver the highest-quality care.
- the face of the provider side of the organization; known across the field for building the most evidence-based and data-driven therapy network in the world.
- the head of a new department in a venture-backed startup; permanently changing the way mental health care is found and received across the United States.
- Mission-driven company with an industry-shaping goal and world-class team.
- Opportunity to make a significant difference on the future of mental health.
- High-growth environment supportive of individual autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
- Full premium medical/dental/vision insurance coverage starting your first day.
- One-of-a-kind company values and team work culture.
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits.
- Flexible vacation and time-off policy.
- For more information visit: www.awarehc.com/careers
If you’re interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
At Aware, we know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Aware is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.