TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage mental health tech startup seeking a detail-oriented operations generalist with prior experience in a customer-facing role, ideally at a high-growth startup.
Aware Healthcare is reinventing therapy. We're a venture-backed digital health startup creating a new mental health care system where everyone can get the quality care they deserve. 100 million Americans are currently struggling with a mental health issue, yet only 10% are receiving evidence-based care. That’s why we’re solving for access and quality, by building a national provider network and patient data platform that make it easy to find the right therapist and know you’re getting better. We’re the first network of therapists to use treatment based on science and data shared by patients to deliver truly personalized care. Through making the process of finding and receiving quality mental health care easier, we help patients get better sooner, providers grow their practices, and payers lower their costs. We’ve raised $1.5mm to date from over a dozen top institutional and angel investors (including the CTO of AirBnB, Chief Scientist of Pinterest, and ex-Administrator of SAMHSA), were founded in 2020 by AJ Goldstein (previously early at Calm and Oura), and are based in San Francisco CA, with remote team members across the country. You can learn more about Aware here: https://www.awarehc.com/
About the Founder:
AJ Goldstein is the Founder and CEO of Aware Healthcare. Prior to Aware, AJ founded and ran a six-figure profitable AI consulting group called Conscious Insights, where he helped grow 8 early-stage startups into leading digital health brands over 3 years, including Calm, Oura, and Akili. While running Conscious Insights, AJ founded and hosted a popular data science podcast called Data Journeys, where he interviewed 25 world class data scientists from 13 organizations with over $1B in annual revenue and grew a following of 50k+ in 128 countries. Motivated by his own personal experience with the problem, AJ has committed the next decade of his life to creating a new mental health care system with Aware. You can read AJ’s story behind Aware here: https://www.awarehc.com/founders-story
About the Role:
- Title: Operations Manager
- Location: San Francisco or remote
- Type: Full-Time
We’re looking for a savvy operations generalist to help reinvent therapy.
In this role, you’ll serve as the point person for important operational areas, such as provider recruitment and network development. You’ll be the face of Aware in many ways, and you’ll get to flex between talking with providers on the frontlines and building effective systems that scale.
You’ll be the third full-time employee at Aware, so a do-what-it-takes mentality is a must! While you’ll be creating processes and systems in the medium-term, you’ll also be rolling up your sleeves in the short-term to help us out with pressing business priorities.
This will be a mid-level role within the company to begin, but has room to grow into much more for the right candidate. This position will provide an incredible opportunity to learn and grow, while saving the lives and changing the mental health of millions in the process.
- Work side-by-side with the CEO, Chief of Staff, and Chief Clinical Officer to set up processes and experiment with new systems, tools, and approaches
- Manage the day-to-day operations of provider recruitment and network development
- Be the most detail-oriented and user-focused individual at our company
- Regularly share feedback from provider conversations to improve our offering
- Wear different hats as additional opportunities and obstacles arise -- you’ll be an athlete rather than a surgeon!
- Serving as a “delighter” by constantly going above and beyond to learn about our provider’s needs and working cross-functionally to ensure they have the best experience possible
- Serving as a “people person” by interfacing with providers at all stage of their Aware journey with a welcoming attitude and open mind
- Serving as an “owner” by proactively identifying inefficiencies and operating autonomously with a strategic mindset
- Serving as a “problem solver” by understanding pain points of our network members and leading brainstorming to develop and dispatch solutions
- Serving as a “systems thinker” by establishing scalable processes to recruit and manage relationships with our providers
Ideally, you have the right…
- Previously worked in a customer-facing role (e.g. sales, account management, customer success) (1-4 years of experience)
- You have prior startup experience or a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship and being part of an early team
- You’re always putting our users first
- You’re more of a generalist than a specialist
- You believe that nothing is below you and anything is possible
- You’ve been described as a “very fast learner” and “incredibly detail-oriented”
- You are a relentless and creative problem solver who “finds a way no matter what”
- You can operate in ambiguous situations, at fast speeds, and with lots of self-direction.
- You’re a highly-empathetic, agreeable, and patient listener who makes others feel heard
- You come across as warm, trustworthy, and relatable to people of all backgrounds
- You naturally find yourself thinking about others, their needs, and what you can do to help
- You’re meticulously detail-oriented and organized
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You have the ability to juggle many priorities at once while not dropping any balls
- You can handle being on the frontlines (responding quickly, hopping on calls at short notice) without feeling drained
- You love the experience of autonomy, mastery, and purpose that comes with joining a fast-growing startup
- Mission-driven company with an industry-shaping goal and world-class team.
- Opportunity to make a significant difference on the future of mental health.
- High-growth environment supportive of individual autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
- Full premium medical/dental/vision insurance coverage starting your first day.
- One-of-a-kind company values and team work culture.
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits.
- Flexible vacation and time-off policy.
- For more information visit: www.awarehc.com/careers
If you’re interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
At Aware, we know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Aware is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.